I don’t know about you, but for me, music plays a big part in my summer and I don’t think a day goes by where I don’t pick up my phone to listen to my music.
My favourite thing in the summer is when I’m out driving my car and the sun is shining and I have my car windows down and blaring my music, it just makes me feel so happy.
Music can be the soundtrack to your memories and I know whenever I hear old songs that I used to love, they bring back tons of memories of a certain time in my life and it reminds me of people and feelings that I have associated with those songs and they make me feel all fuzzy inside when I get to relive a memory through a song.
I listen to music all throughout the day; when I’m getting ready for the day, making my breakfast, lunch and dinner, sitting out in the sun, doing chores around the house, and even when I’m just sat around on my phone.
So music definitely plays a big part in my summer and I want to share the top ten songs I have loved so far and will continue to be the soundtrack of my summer.
- Shotgun by George Ezra
- Brooklyn in the Summer by Aloe Blacc
- Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer
- If You’re Over Me by Years and Years
- Jackie Chan by Tiesto and Dzeko feat. Preme and Post Malone
- Rise by Jonas Blue feat. Jack and Jack
- Don’t Matter to Me by Drake feat. Michael Jackson
- Girls Like You by Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B
- I Like it Like That by Cardi B, Bad Bunny and J Balvin
- Back to You by Selena Gomez
Let me know if you like any of these songs and if you’ve got any other suggestions of songs that you’ve been listening to this summer, leave them in the comments below.